Day One: Saturday schedule : 9:30a.m. – 7:30p.m.
- 10 techniques for crafting unique, psychologically complex characters
- 39 kinds of character growth for your hero
- 89 ways to make lead characters likable without making them bland
- Create characters who aren’t copies of those in movies or books
- 35 types of quirks and eccentricities for a character
- 20 techniques for giving a character depth
- 11 ways to show character development in stages
- Techniques to create interesting villains
- How to give each character their own distinctive “voice”
- 5 ways to capture a character’s dimensionality in dialogue
- 14 techniques for written dialogue to capture the sound of speech
- 4 ways to inject depth or ‘subtext’ into dialogue
- The Ultimate Dialogue Challenge:6 techniques for revealing ambivalence in dialogue.
Day Two: Sunday schedule : 9:30a.m. – 7:30p.m.
- 8 techniques for coming up with fresh story ideas
- 11 ways of modifying ideas to develop radically alternative story-lines.
- 46 types of plot twists
- 28 possible objectives for your hero
- Techniques for using character’s emotional growth to shape the plot
- Techniques for using the plot to shape character emotional growth
- 8 additional ways to relate character’s growth to the plot
- The mosts efficient way to brainstorm a story from beginning to end
- “Scene Sculpting” — 25 ways to make scenes interesting
and emotionally layered